Monday, May 26, 2008

Did you ever know that you are my hero?





Recently I decided to add another bit to my blog: quote of the month. It was not intended as a current quote, but just something short and funny I would find during that particular month and would like to share. Little did I know that it would create a huge amount of pressure towards the end of May to find a new June quote of the month.

To paraphrase a character in one of my favorite movies, You've got mail, you can find any advice to any situation in Godfather, the movie. I personally side with not Godfather, but with The Simpsons. Coincidentally, but not surprisingly, the first quote was from them. I decided not to be redundant and look elsewhere for the June quote. So in search of the new quote, I went high and low, came up empty-handed and went back to The Simpsons. And I was not disappointed! I found this little gem in almost no time. I don't know when they aired it, how old or recent it is, and what was the occasion/topic, but I really like it, so much that I am not waiting for June 1 to put it up. It describes my political mood perfectly. Please check it out. ------------------------------------------->

And to honor the original quote, which is pulled down not because I like it any less than two weeks ago, but because the new one is so timely, I will add it to this post.

The quote of the month of May: Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. Homer Simpson

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, Homer is the great philosopher of our time. I'm very delighted he made it into your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's one for you from first season when Homer was still intelligent.
    "What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind!"

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave your sub-comment!