Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fool on the hill

Well, today is April Fool's Day; therefore, it is appropriate to post something - well - foolish. Thankfully, my life is full of foolish episodes, so as long as I live, I will have plenty of material, G-d willing.

This entry refers to the dream that I had two nights ago. Since I am woken up several times each night, dreams are a rare treat. However, when I do remember my dreams, sometimes I wonder why I miss them so much. So here it is, in its full absurdity, hilarity and embarrassment.

The dream starts with me standing in my kitchen in the middle of the night. My apartment is pretty high up, I think on the 15th or something like this floor. I am being alerted by the strange noises and realize that it's my co-worker. He climbed the fire escape ladder all the way from his apartment, which is a few stories below mine, and is now climbing into my kitchen through the open window, wearing only a pair of boxers. I ask him what brings him to my house, to which he answers, "I need to use your bathroom. My wife is in ours for the past half hour, and I am so mad at her! And I don't want to wait any more." He then proceeds to my bathroom to take a shower. (You would've thought he could wait for that one, right?) As he is walking barefoot, I realize how dirty my kitchen floor is and apologize profusely. He looks at the floor with a slight disgust, but doesn't say anything to criticize or to calm me down with obligatory "It's OK." The dream ends in him disappearing in the bathroom, and me frantically sweeping the floor in complete embarrassment. I desperately need to wash it too, but the mop is in the bathroom...

There are so many Freudian levels in this dream that it's not worth exploring them in this post. (And no, I am not in the least attracted to this co-worker.) I will make one comment though: maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel if at least subconsciously I chose sweeping floors over calling the cops. Maybe neatness and organization are slowly creeping into my life. Only time will show...

P.S. I had a meeting today that involved this colleague and had to excuse myself in the middle because I could not stop giggling. I know, very professional.

2 comments:

Don't be shy! Leave your sub-comment!