Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Do they know something I don't?

I keep on receiving several calls from various financial institutions every single day offering help with my mortgage payments. I think it's nice that people are trying to be so helpful. It would be even nicer if I owned a house and had a mortgage. But I don't. Hence, I don't need their help. Unless they know something I don't, and there's a mansion somewhere with my name on it all the while we are wasting our money on rent payments.

This reminds me of the time when we just got married and kept on getting letters and calls about extending warranty on our car. Problem was we didn't have a car at the time. But it's the thought that counts, right? Who in their right mind would want to have a car and not waste money on this scam purchase an extended warranty?

It also reminds me of the time when I kept on getting several emails a day offering me to extend the size of my p'enis by an inch or two. 'Nuff said.

5 comments:

  1. You got 2 options.
    1, put your number on the do not call list.
    2, agree to the offer and at the end of the call, make sure to drag it out for as long as possible, ask "One last question, do I need to own a house to be eligible for this?"

    If you go with option 2, try to tape the conversation and post it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moshe,

    believe it or not, we ARE on the Do Not Call list, for months! Either telemarketing is booming or the list doesn't work b/c I am receiving just the same amount of phone calls if not more.

    What's upsetting me even more is that now they have a recording instead of a live person, so I can't let DD or DS talk to them like I did in the past...

    ReplyDelete
  3. But we all know women have penis envy, so....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I myself always wanted to be kicked in that part of male anatomy, just out of envy. But alas, I never followed up on those ads.

    Somebody please stop me, I have tried very hard to contain myself in the post, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to do so in the comments...

    ReplyDelete
  5. File a complaint and they're gonna get slapped with a nice fine.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave your sub-comment!