But just in case that there is somewhere a non-blogger who might appreciate our need if provided reasons, here are my top ten reasons to blog.
10. Love. I love writing. I always did, since I was about 11, maybe even earlier. There's something inexplicably satisfying in seeing my thoughts written down.
9. Vanity. As much as I love writing, I love it even more when someone reads it. And likes it. (At least I am honest...)
8. Frugality. Let's face it. There is a good chance that I need therapy. Writing provides this free of charge. So even if no one read it, I would probably still write, in my blog or elsewhere.
7. Delusions of Grandeur.
6. Blowing off Steam. I can whine, complain, yell, scream, and express my anger and frustration. And no one gets hurt (emotionally, of course).
5. Efficiency. It seems that blogging is the most efficient way of keeping the most of amount of people updated about your day to day stuff and feelings - in the shortest possible time.
4. Support. Blogging is not only about writing a blog, but also about reading others'. There's something oddly comforting and supporting in knowing that other people go through similar things and feelings.
3. Procrastinating - what better excuse to not do housework?
2. Laughter. I haven't found so much clean good fun anywhere else. There are so many talented people out there writing side-splitting entries on a regular basis. And it's free! Catch them before they get book deals!
1. Hope. 1 in a million that maybe, just maybe this will take me away from accounting to more exciting and interesting things.
If you had to answer this question, what would you say?