Sunday, December 2, 2007

Joys of cooking for children

My daughter's nose has been stuffed for some time now, so I decided to make life a little easier for her. I wanted to spray it with saline solution so that she could breathe at night. She agreed, which in itself was strange, probably because the little girl herself was fed up with her misbehaving nose. The whole thing backfired as usual. I completely forgot that little children should be administered drops of saline, sprays are for adults. And of course I sprayed her. Poor things started crying right away, solution went straight into her throat, and a few minutes later she threw up. I felt like the worst person in the world. I tried to help, and had only done damage.

Next morning she seemingly forgot about this episode and was happily eating jello after lunch. I asked her if she liked it. She very, very happily said, "Yes, mommy I like it." Then five seconds later out of the blue, again, very very happily,"Today I am going to throw THAT up!"

Good thing she was only talking about jello, and not something I actually labored to cook. And, thank goodness, she didn't throw up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave your sub-comment!