Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I found the key to happiness

I once again resolve to squash every positive thought that comes to my mind because having good thoughts attracts something negative. Therefore, I have arrived to the only logical conclusion: the key to happiness is a state of perpetual misery.

Today I went grocery shopping, and was very relieved to see the final number on the register to be about $30 less than usual and $40 less than expected (I bought take-out, something I normally do not do). I was very delighted and mentally thanked G-d. All was well in the world... that was until we got home, and hubby realized that he had a parking violation ticket stuck to his windshield...$115...

As a side note, how desperate and miserable does one have to be to work as a parking violation officer, or whatever the official name of their occupation is. I can't think of any other occupation that would be so universally despised. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave your sub-comment!