Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Be quiet, Halle!

In the recent few months it seems impossible to go on any news website without seeing something about Halle Berry finally being pregnant. The mother-to-be (or is she technically a mother already?) is beaming with happiness and tells anyone who wants or doesn't want to hear all the details about conception, pregnancy and their plans to have more kids in the future. She reminds me of the Energizer bunny, who keeps going and going and going... Shut up already!

I love babies and think pregnant women are absolutely adorable. I LOVE hearing the details of pregnancies, and although mine weren't easy, I am very truly happy for any woman who doesn't suffer during hers. I love it when women want to have more children (for all the right reasons, of course). Overall, I enjoy these conversation, discussions, and baby stuff shopping. However, I don't know anyone in my circle of friends and collegues who would talk about it nonstop to anyone who would listen, i.e. talk about their pregnancies as much as Halle Berry does. And honestly, it gives me creeps. Not only because I think that some details should be left private, and not only because too much of sweet and adorable is somewhat nauseating. And no, I am not annoyed, I actually can relate. When I was in the same position, that's all I wanted to talk about and constantly had to stop myself, not always successfully. Why? It's just that when this much attention is drawn to any one event, something is bound to go wrong. Ok, maybe not bound, but has a very high likelyhood.

I truly and honestly and most sincerely wish Halle and her baby all the best. I don't care if news about her perpetuate on all the websites, after all I don't have to read them. I only wish that she would become a little more discreet, for her own sake.

4 comments:

  1. I am very behind on celebrity news, since I never knew that Halle was expecting a happy event. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I just served the same purpose as those gossip website. I need to take a shower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last time I heard about Halle and her event was about a month ago when she was promoting her new movie...
    How about jlo- her pregnancy and unwillingness to disclose how far along she is? Do we really care?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that is not my experience. I keep on bumping into her almost dayly on the news, and mind you those are only headlines, I actually didn't even read the articles: Halle on Oprah, Halle on pregnancy clothes, Halle this, Halle that... I don't care. I think that the First Amendment includes Hollywood actresses too. IF you want to talk about or don't want to talk about it - it's your right. Just like I said: it gives me goosebumps when someone talks right and left. It attracts evil eye, if you will.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave your sub-comment!