Monday, October 1, 2007

Is she or is she not?

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had purchased a diary to be used together with What to Expect When You Are Expecting, the pregnant woman's Bible. It was nice with a lot of pre-printed stuff and pages. Being a perfectionist, I figured that I was already three months pregnant and missed a lot of entries, and decided to keep it until my second pregnancy. Being pregnant for the second time with a little baby turned out to be more stressful than I thought, so I had no time for the diary. I finally decided to get rid of it figuring that I would never fill out this thing, but I didn't know how to do it. Giving it as a gift to somebody seemed inapproprite and a bit cruel. Since I myself did not write in it, I didn't want anyone close to me to feel guilty about not keeping stupid pregnancy diary. Last Tuesday I had an ob/gyn appointment and decided that if there is a soul on this earth who might want this thing, there was no better place to find it. I left this diary next to the magazine rack with a note suggesting that if anyone wants this thing, it's theirs. But before I did this, I had to do something else, otherwise, it wouldn't be me, right?

I had that stupid thing in my purse. I was leaving work early (read:with everyone else) because of this appointment. My purse is always too full with other things, and I needed to take out the diary to find something else. I did this by the elevator, with five other people watching me, my boss included. So now 5 ppl saw me with the pregnancy diary, going to the doctor... I wonder what they are thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave your sub-comment!