Monday, October 1, 2007

I can't hear you!!!!

As I am coming home tonight, about three houses from ours I hear someone's TV blasting. As I am coming closer, I get more and more aggravated thinking that one of our neighbors is an idiot for having his TV blasting, so that it can be heard half a block away. As I am coming to our door, I hear that this is not TV, but radio, smooth jazz station and realize that that "idiot" is my husband. The radio is blasting so loud, that I have to make three attempts, from knocking to loud banging on a door, until he hears me, with him being about three feet away from the door. If that's not a sweet welcome home, I don't know what is. This is a recurring theme of our conversations, and I am really starting to worry about my kids' hearing. If they are exposed to it on a regular basis (as I am sure they are, since about once a week I come home to a similar raucus), hearing damage is only a matter of time. I really don't understand why the volume has to be so loud to enjoy the music. And is it THAT important that it is worth jeopardizing their hearing? I am really annoyed because I had begged, I had yelled, I had shown scientific literature - what else am I supposed to do? Really? And then I am the evil witch because the first thing that comes out of my mouth when I come home is "lower the volume, please" instead of a sweet smile. Really...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave your sub-comment!