This is the list of things that I didn't think I would ever miss. Then I had kids. I don't particularly miss not having responsibilities, not being able to take adult vacation, go out on a whim or have a conversation on the phone before kids are off to bed. It's the simpler things in life that I crave. But once again, no regrets.
1. Not having to put all things valuable/fragile/deserving not to be destroyed on high shelves.
2. Getting dressed without a bunch of wild children bursting into my bedroom offering their help.
3. Sleeping in the middle of the bed.
4. Having consistently dry and clean bedding.
5. Uninterrupted sleep. Every night. For 20 years. Hard to believe, eh?
6. Eating without having anyone on my lap.
7. Living with only negligible amount of guilt.
8. Sleeping in late on the weekend.
9. An afternoon with a good book.
10. Going to the bathroom unaccompanied.