Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finally!!!

It only took seven years of being married to find a bunch of movies that both me and hubby can agree on watching together. There are a few he will compromise and watch with me (You've got mail), there are some I would compromise and watch with him (Independence Day), up until recently we have found only 2 movies both of us could watch without feeling that one of us had to give in - How to Steal a Million (still praying it won't be remade, ever) and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Most other times, we end up with "Elegant Universe", "Universe", "Life on Mars", you get the picture. After watching so many of these, I feel like I personally have witnessed the formation of our moon.

A few weeks ago we were looking for a movie for our in-laws, when we stumbled upon a collection of old French comedies. We finally found something we both enjoy! (We are no polyglots, these movies are dubbed in Russian)

So far we have seen three movies. One was pretty good, Les Comperes, one so-so, and the one we saw last night was just great. (I believe it was remade in the US, but so far I haven't seen a single decent remake of a good French comedy. So many of great movies have been completely ruined or just turned into an easy to forget mediocrity.)


Hubby and I both adored the movie. I highly recommend. And the vet steals every scene he's in.

We better find something else, real soon. Because I have been spoiled now by these movies and the thought of another "universe" movie makes me want to cry.

2 comments:

  1. Some of these are on Netflix, unfortunately not all. You can safely watch everything with Pierre Richard in it. Loved Le grand blond avec une chaussure noire and Le retour du grand blond.

    Almost everything by Luc Besson, especially Wasabi, is awesome. Though your husband will probably like it more than you.

    New Indian romantic comedies like Jab We Met. These are not at all like the old Indian movies you're familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there was one with Pierre Richard that was kinda blah. i don't remember the name. If you want, I'll look it up. Regarding Indian films, I have a buried draft about the Indian films of my youth. Maybe, I should unbury it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave your sub-comment!