Thursday, February 19, 2009

The guarding dog, part II.

Ok, so DD was not sleep-walking when she asked me to help find her dog in the middle of the night. That's a relief. Last night I asked her why she came to me the night before. She said that the dog was on the couch, and she found it in the morning. I said, "Yeah, I know that. But why did you come to me in the middle of the night?" She gave me an exasperated with a hint of eye-rolling, "But I needed the dog!"

Yeah, that explains it. Now everything is crystal clear.

In related news... After I finished my conversation with DD, I went into the kids' bedroom to get their pajamas. When I turned on the light I saw someone sitting in the corner of DS's crib, looking somewhat like this:




To say that I got scared is to say nothing. I know the feeling lasted only a few seconds, if that, but that was enough to cause some heart palpitations. Pretty soon I realized what was actually sitting in DS's crib: a big stuffed Shrek, a gift from my dear parents, not some hard-core criminal hiding from justice.

We got to do something about our children's stuffed toys, they are causing too much commotion...

3 comments:

  1. Before you got to the Shrek part I thought you meant SubHub...but then he probably wouldn't fit into the crib.
    Still, there's some resemblance...don't tell him I said so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! You're killing me! Telling SubHub would be the best part. And now that you said that, I am starting to see the resemblance too. Oh the torture of trying to be a good wife and respect spouse's sensitivities (well, and a good friend too). Who came up with that?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave your sub-comment!