Tuesday, October 4, 2011

For sale: SubWife, integrity included

I am currently thinking of ways to sell out, or to be more precise to make money off a blog, this blog or any other.  The problem is I do not know how to do it.  I know that the best way to attract traffic is to blog about topics that can interest people or in which one has expertise.  The only expertise I possess is in the field of not for profit accounting.  Even if I do generate some traffic with exciting topics such as "The pros and cons of half year convention in depreciating assets" and "The schedule of functional expenses: truth or fiction?" what can I possibly advertise/sell in conjunction with this?  Coffee?  Or a device that every five minutes starts yelling, "Wake up, CPA!  You are on active accounting duty!"

So far I am considering affiliate relationship with sites like Amazon.  Which means I might be reviewing things I buy there.  Which I do in real life, a lot.  And I would never give falsely positive review for monetary gain.  Unless it's huge, but what are the chances of that happening?

Sigh.  I don't like combining business and pleasure, but in this instant business might actually push me to do more blogging, which I like, but somehow put on the back burner for many reasons.

Thoughts?  Should I dedicate a separate blog to this?  Or keep doing it here and scare one reader that still remains?

1 comment:

  1. Start a separate blog. Write e-books on the topic and sell them. But research before you start--setting up the site correctly is critical.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave your sub-comment!