Saturday, July 17, 2010

Die, spam, die!!!

So after getting quite a few spam comments, I caved in and did something I absolutely hate doing to those few who leave comments on my blog. I find it very annoying to have to enter word verification when I leave a comment on other blogs. However, I felt I had no choice as spam was starting to get out of hand. Well, to make long story short, it didn't help.

I keep on getting spam comments. Sigh. It looks like the only options left are either ignoring spam or moderating the comments. Moderating I like even less than word verification because I can only moderate late nights from home, which kills discussions of any sort. (Though those haven't been happening lately, hmmm....)

Any ideas out there? Any preferences from my 4 loyal readers? Please leave a comment though you'll brave the word verification for that, which is still on.


  1. You could disable commenting with anything other than google account.
    Weird that you get so many though. I allow anonymous and I have barely any spam.

  2. I think you're spam bait because you don't delete spam quickly enough.

    Do you get an email each time someone comments?

  3. I get an email every time I get spam, but I can't deleted the comment from my blog until I get home. thanks for the tip.

  4. If you want, add me as admin and I'll delete them.

  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


Don't be shy! Leave your sub-comment!